NOVEMBER 30th, 2001
Hello, this is Rhio with the Raw Energy Hotline. If you are in the New York City area and would like to listen to an abbreviated version of the hotline toll-free, call (212) 343-1152, 24-hours a day. (phone system is down temporarily - call after Dec. 7th) (Note: The telephone hotline has now been replaced by my weekly internet radio show at: www.TribecaRadio.net)
ITEM #1: Hard work and focused activism has garnered a few victories that we can all celebrate, even in an upcoming Holiday season that doesn't feel too festive.
For those working against:
GE food proliferation
The retention of dangerous arsenic levels in drinking water
The pharmaceutical industries' move, through the WTOs Codex Alimentarius, to restrict access to nutritional supplements and other natural health therapies
The biopiracy of medicinal plants and traditional knowledge of the indigenous people of Mexico
it is a time for feeling good -- for a change.
And for those who have not yet committed themselves to become activists in behalf of our human and animal families and our Earthmother, please consider becoming involved in some way. There are many issues to work on, but to work effectively you have to find an issue that resonates in your soul. One that you can be passionate about. Once you find that issue, please go to it and give it your all.
The following successes show that FOCUSED, PERSISTENT and PEACEFUL activism does work.
1) After a sustained consumer campaign which began in February of this year to convince Trader Joe's to drop its use of genetically engineered (GE) ingredients in its store brand products, Trader Joe's recently announced it will do just that. Eighty-five percent of the products in Trader Joe's will be affected by this new policy change as they carry the Trader Joe brand label. Trader Joe's, with almost 200 stores in 15 states, sells a good selection of organic and natural foods.
2) It should be self-evident that people have the right to their own region's medicinal plants and traditional knowledge which have been painstakingly acquired through the work of peasant farmers and folk healers over thousands of years. Governments, in conjunction with huge multi-national corporations, should not be allowed to co-opt these rights for themselves through patenting and privatization.
After two years of intense local opposition from the indigenous people's organizations in Chiapas, Mexico, the US government-funded $2.5 million dollar ICBG-Mayan project aimed at bio-prospecting Mayan medicinal plants and traditional knowledge has been cancelled.
3) It's been 8 months since President Bush announced his plan to suspend and weaken the new arsenic-in-drinking-water standard announced by the former Clinton Administration. Faced with overwhelming pressure from the public, the EPA announced recently that it will keep to the upgraded Clinton standard of 10 parts per billion effective in 2006. A recent National Academy of Sciences report also helped the EPA reach its decision. The report found that cancer and other health risks are EVEN GREATER than previously suspected for the ingestion of arsenic.
Well, they didn't really need a high powered study, did they? Any person with reasonable common sense could have told them - duh - Arsenic is Poison!!!
But we all know that when the government doesn't want to do something, usually swayed by $$ industry lobbyists, they call for another study. It's just a delaying tactic which keeps them studying the obvious for years, while the people's health continues to deteriorate.
4) After receiving over 180 million letters of protest from consumers worldwide, the trillion-dollar pharmaceutical industry's move to restrict the public's access to nutritional supplements and other natural health therapies was defeated at the recent Codex Alimentarius meeting in Berlin. The issue will not come up again until the next meeting in 2 years.
It's like the pharmaceutical industry is not rich enough as it is making an obscene amount of money over the misery and addiction of millions of people. They also want to make sure of future business by not allowing people the freedom to choose natural supplements and remedies over their prescriptions of doom.
The known side-effects of pharmaceutical drugs have become the fourth leading cause of death, surpassed only by heart attacks, strokes and cancer.
Kaiser Permanente (an HMO) recently announced that drug advertising on television and in magazines was working because now 1 in 8 Americans are taking prescription drugs.
And of course that means that everyone is getting healthy. . . Umm huh
NEXT ITEM: While the tears have barely dried on America's face and soul and many of our dead are yet to be recovered, much less buried, our pals in Congress have taken advantage of our national grief and bewilderment by moving forward with legislation that is not in the common people's best interest.
Roll up your sleeves activists because there is much work to be done if we are to keep even more outrageous legislation from going through. Fast Track HR 3005 is a bill whose companion bill passed the Senate but which can still be defeated in the House.
Fast track transfers constitutionally mandated powers of Congress to the Executive Branch. Why would Congress want to do that? Weren't the three separate branches of our government, (Congress, the Executive and the Judiciary) meant to keep each of the others honest?
If Fast Track passes, the President will have the autonomy to negotiate trade agreements with no democratic debate by either the Congress or the people. HR 3005, among other provisions, would make it illegal to label Genetically Engineered foods. Fast Track does not require the President to include enforceable protections for the environment or worker's rights. Past Fast Track deals, such as NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), cost Americans more than half a million jobs, significantly eroding America's manufacturing base.
Bush wants to be free to negotiate, without input from the Congress or the people, the upcoming FTAA (Free Trade Agreement of the Americas) which would bring another 34 countries of Central and South America into agreements which favor globalization and the policies of multi-national corporations over the rights of all the rest of us. These policies would override our own laws, and our hard won protections for the environment and workers, in favor of rulings by international bodies such as the World Trade Organization, which were not democratically elected.
In New York, representatives from
some districts still have not decided to vote against Fast Track which comes
up on December 6th. To find and contact the following representatives, go
and put in the name.
Sue Kelley, 19th District,
Gilman, 20th district,
Sweeney, 22nd district,
Boehlert, 23rd district,
McHugh, 24th district,
Walsh, 25th district.
In other parts of the country, also use: www.Congress.org to contact your representatives and ask them to vote against Fast Track. If you don't know who your reps are, just put in your zip code.
NEXT ITEM: There is a general feeling of confusion, fear and hysteria seizing the country. It started with the sudden and brutal death of thousands of people in the WTC, Washington and Pennsylvania and is continuing. Fueled by the media, fear is being wafted to us from our TV screens and it falls out of the pages of our newspapers, an invisible effluent more deadly than Anthrax on our collective psyches.
Just the daily multiple-dose mantra can create a weakening of the human immune system. And that brings me precisely to some of the most empowering things you can choose to do for yourself in these times.
1) Don't buy into the media hype. From the perspective of the other fabrications that we, as raw food enthusiasts, have been able to see through to come to the truth, we can also see through this one. For example, when we watch junk foods or drugs advertised on TV, since we've learned the truth about those products, those ads do not affect us in the same way that they may affect others.
Many of us have also come to realize that vaccinations with their load of mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde and other chemicals and with live viruses being derived either from the incubation of chicken or monkey tissues or aborted human fetuses cannot hope to add to the health of any human body. Vaccinations may also contain GMOs. We realize that these unnatural, harmful and filthy substances can hurt us and so we reject them. (For more extensive information on vaccinations, see Articles section of this website under Vaccinations.)
2) Physicists tell us that all matter is energy. The human body is composed of swirling molecules of energy vibrating at different frequencies. At certain frequencies of vibration the body is strengthened and at other frequencies the body is weakened. The body's vibrational frequencies can be measured.
A man named David Hawkins conducted a 29-year study that demonstrated that the human body becomes stronger or weaker, depending on one's mental state. He created a scale from 1-1000 that mapped human consciousness. Any state that causes a person's energy to vibrate at a frequency below 200 (or 20,000 cycles per second) weakened the body, and from 200 to 1000 strengthened it.
Guess what kind of emotional states weaken a body's vibrational frequencies? Shame, guilt, apathy, grief, fear, anxiety, anger, despair, hate. All these weaken a body.
Guess what kind of emotional states strengthen a body? At 250 on the scale, you have neutrality (trust), which strengthens you. And moving on up the scale are attitudes of willingness, optimism, acceptance, forgiveness, reason, understanding, love, reverence, joy, serenity, peace and bliss at 600, and enlightenment and ineffability, from 700-1000. One thousand is called God's consciousness, or spirit. This is the frequency of absolute power.
Have you ever wanted to be around someone because they just made you feel good? Sometimes we say they have good vibes.
Conversely, have you ever been around people that drain your energy? You just feel exhausted or worn out after being around them. Their vibrational frequencies are affecting yours. But we don't really perceive it this way. What we sense in the person that makes us feel good is usually high spirits, vitality, exuberance, joy, humor, spirituality, good will, etc.
And what do we feel in the presence of the person who drains us? Neediness, intolerance, rigidity - well, you get the idea.
But we don't have to wait to be in the presence of someone who either brings us up or down. We can do this for ourselves by the attitudes that we cultivate. We can keep ourselves high on the Hawkins scale and thus do more for our peace of mind, health and immune system than any physical care known to humankind. Every cell of the body (75 trillion of them) has innate intelligence and this intelligence is paying attention to your thoughts, feelings, attitudes, expectations and desires. Then the cells act in accordance with the messages received.
Ponder upon these little studied (by the scientific community) powerful phenomena that are also effected by the mind:
The placebo effect
3) Really Deep Breathing can help the body cope with unwanted sensations of powerlessness. Shallow breathing is what we do most of the time, but in these times really deep breathing can help to calm us and keep us centered. If you need some assistance doing this, go to: www.peacebreath.com/breath.html and B R E A T H E.
Until next time, peace and blessings,
If you know of anyone who would appreciate receiving the Raw Energy Hotline, please have them subscribe at http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/mail_list/mailchooselocationpg.html
Back to Hotlines/Events
Top of the Page
|Home||New to Raw?||Hotline||Action Forum||Rhio's Book||Shopping||Recipes|